|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||For More Information Contact|
|January 30, 2018||(941) 861-8627|
Election day, February 13: A guide to what, when and how
|(SARASOTA, FL) - Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner offers the following information to House District 72 voters to help ensure a smooth February 13 Special Election.
· Only registered voters who reside within House District 72 are eligible to vote in the election. If you are unsure about your registration status, or about whether you live within the district boundaries, call the elections office at (941) 861-8619 before heading out to vote.
· Check your mail for a sample ballot. Sample ballots, including candidate names and other important election information, have been mailed to District 72 voting households. Eligible voters may also view or download their sample ballots at www.SarasotaVotes.com
· All eligible voters may request a vote-by-mail ballot by calling (941) 861-8618 or by email to votebymail@SarasotaVotes.com
· Marked vote-by-mail ballots may be returned by mail or in person but must be received by the elections office no later than 7 p.m. on election day to be counted.
· Three early voting sites (elections office in the Sarasota County Terrace Building, North Sarasota Library, and Westfield Sarasota Square Mall) will be open to all eligible voters from Saturday, February 3 through Saturday, February 10, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
· Polls are open on election day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Voters must vote at the polling place in their assigned precincts on February 13. If voting on election day, know where your polling place is before heading out. You can find your polling location on your voter information card and at www.SarasotaVotes.com
· Voters must present valid and current photo and signature ID upon check-in during early voting and on election day. If you do not produce ID, you will be offered a provisional ballot. Valid IDs include a current Florida driver license, Florida ID card, U.S. passport, debit or credit card, military ID, student ID, retirement center ID, neighborhood association ID, public assistance ID, veteran health ID, a concealed carry permit or a government employee ID.
Have a question? Call the elections office at (941) 861-8600 or visit www.SarasotaVotes.com