|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||For More Information Contact|
|September 16, 2019||941.861.8606|
Supervisor of elections to commemorate National Voter Registration Day
|SARASOTA, FL - In recognition of National Voter Registration Day, September 24, 2019, the Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections office will be conducting a number of voter registration drives at various locations across Sarasota County next week, Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner said today.
“The right to vote is one of our most important freedoms,” Turner said. “We want to highlight the importance of participating in the electoral process and give people another opportunity to register to vote or to update their voter records.”
Public voter registration drives are scheduled as follows:
Tuesday, September 24
· Robert L. Taylor Community Center, 1845 34th St, Sarasota; 3-7 p.m.
· Mid-County Tax Collector’s Office, 6100 Sawyer Loop Rd, Sarasota; 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
· Sarasota Square Mall (outside Costco), 8201 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota; 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
· North Port Library, 13800 Tamiami Trail, North Port, 10 a.m.-12 noon.
· Shannon Staub Library, 4675 Career Lane, North Port; 3-5 p.m.
· William H. Jervey, Jr. Library, 300 Nokomis Ave, S, Venice; 10a.m.-12 noon.
In addition to the opportunities listed above, citizens may apply for voter registration Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily at any of the three elections offices in Sarasota (2001 Adams Lane), Venice (4000 Tamiami Trail South), or North Port (13640 Tamiami Trail). A voter registration application may also be completed and submitted online at RegistertoVoteFlorida.gov
For more information, visit our website or call 941.861.8619.
# # #