|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||For More Information Contact|
|October 28, 2019||941.861.8606|
Supervisor of elections offers tips to ensure smooth election day
|SARASOTA, FL - Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner is offering the following tips to voters residing in the City of Venice to ensure a smooth November 5 general election experience.
· Watch your mail for a sample ballot and study the races before you go to vote. A sample ballot has been mailed to every voter household in the city limits that has not requested a vote-by-mail ballot.
· Voters residing within the city boundaries may also go to SarasotaVotes.com
· Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on election day. Know where your polling place is. Polling place information may be found on the sample ballot, on your Voter Information Card, and on our website. You may also call the elections office at 941.861.8619.
· Vote early. Early voting is available Monday, October 28 through Friday, November 1, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. daily, at the Supervisor of Elections Office, R.L. Anderson Administration Building, 4000 Tamiami Trail S.
· Remember to take a valid and current photo and signature ID when you go to your polling place or early voting site. If you do not produce an ID, you will be offered a provisional ballot. Valid IDs include a Florida driver license, Florida ID card, U.S. passport, debit or credit card, military ID, student ID, retirement center ID, neighborhood association ID, public assistance ID, veteran health ID, a concealed carry permit or a government employee ID.
· Mark your ballot according to the printed instructions to ensure your choices are recorded accurately and counted. If you make a mistake, see a poll worker or call 941.861.8618 to request a replacement vote-by-mail ballot.
Remember that your vote matters. Questions? Call 941.861.8619.