|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||For More Information Contact|
|March 05, 2020||941.861.8606|
Elections supervisor encourages early voting for March 17 presidential preference primary
|SARASOTA, FL - Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner is urging Sarasota County voters to take advantage of early voting ahead of the March 17, 2020 elections, which include the presidential preference primary, Holiday Park Park and Recreation District election and Town of Longboat Key bond referendum.
“With large numbers of new registrations and voters updating their party affiliation to be eligible to cast ballots in the Democratic and Republican presidential preference primaries, I am urging voters to consider early voting, which begins this weekend,” Turner said.
Early voting is a flexible and convenient option that provides an in-person voting experience with the ease of being able to vote at any one of the early voting sites located throughout the county, he noted.
During the early voting period which begins Saturday, March 7 and continues through Saturday, March 14, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily, voters may cast their ballots at one of the following five locations:
· Supervisor of Elections office: Terrace Building, 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota
· Supervisor of Elections office: R.L. Anderson Administration Building, 4000 Tamiami Trail S, Venice
· Supervisor of Elections office: Biscayne Plaza, 13640 Tamiami Trail, North Port
· Sarasota Square Mall: 8201 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
· North Sarasota Library: 2801 Newtown Boulevard, Sarasota
Turner also reminds voters who choose to vote early that they must present a photo and signature identification prior to voting. Voters who do not present the required ID can still vote a provisional ballot.
More information about early voting dates, times and locations can be found at SarasotaVotes.com