|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||For More Information Contact|
|October 15, 2020||941.861.8606|
Supervisor of elections appeals to voters: Please consider voting early!
|SARASOTA, FL - Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner is strongly encouraging Sarasota County voters who plan to vote in person to take advantage of early voting ahead of the November 3 general election.
“Due to a multi-page ballot, expected high voter turnout, and the need for social distancing and sanitizing procedures at polling places,” Turner said, “we could see longer wait times and possible lines on Election Day. So, I am asking voters to help us to minimize election day stress for themselves and elections officials by choosing to vote early, whenever possible.”
He noted early voting will be available for the full 14 days authorized by law, from Monday, October 19 through Sunday, November 1, from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. daily, at the following eight convenient locations throughout the county:
· Elections Office, Terrace Building, 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota 34237
· Elections Office, RL Anderson Building, 4000 Tamiami Trail S., Venice 34293
· Elections Office, Biscayne Plaza, 13640 Tamiami Trail, North Port 34287
· Sarasota Square Mall, 8201 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota 34238
· North Sarasota Library, 2801 Newtown Blvd., Sarasota 34234
· Fruitville Library, 100 Apex Road., Sarasota 34240
· Shannon Staub Library, 4675 Career Lane, North Port 34289
· Bee Ridge Park, 4430 S. Lockwood Ridge Road., Sarasota 34231
Turner said: “We are offering more days and locations for early voting than ever before, as a convenience to voters and to help reduce lines at polling places on Election Day.” And, he added, “Every early voting site will be taking precautions to safeguard voters and poll workers alike, including social distancing, frequent cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, surfaces and common areas, and face masks.”
Early voting is just like voting in person on election day. The same equipment and voting process are used during early voting and at election day polling places. However, voters can choose any early voting site in the county, as opposed to voting at an assigned location.
Voters must present a photo and signature identification prior to voting. Voters who do not present the required ID can still vote a provisional ballot.
For more information, call 941.861.8619 or visit SarasotaVotes.com