|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||For More Information Contact|
|October 26, 2020||941.861.8606|
Reminder: Early voting now in progress in Sarasota County
|~ Elections supervisor urges voters to vote early whenever possible ~
SARASOTA, FL - Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner is reminding voters who have not yet cast ballots that early voting is now in progress, through Sunday, November 1, at eight convenient locations throughout the county. Turner urges voters to take advantage of early voting ahead of the November 3 general election whenever possible.
“Due to the length of the multi-page November 3 ballot, expected higher than normal turnout for this election, and the need for social distancing, we expect lines and wait times on Election Day to be longer than in recent history. This can put stress on the system and on voters and poll workers, alike,” Turner said.
He noted early voting, which began on Monday, October 19 will continue through Sunday, November 1, from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. daily, at the following eight convenient locations throughout the county:
· Elections Office, Terrace Building: 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota 34237
· Elections Office, RL Anderson Building: 4000 Tamiami Trail S., Venice 34293
· Elections Office, Biscayne Plaza: 13640 Tamiami Trail, North Port 34287
· Sarasota Square Mall: 8201 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota 34238
· North Sarasota Library: 2801 Newtown Blvd., Sarasota 34234
· Fruitville Library: 100 Apex Road, Sarasota 34240
· Shannon Staub Library: 4675 Career Lane, North Port 34289
· Bee Ridge Park: 4430 S. Lockwood Ridge Road, Sarasota 34231
Turner said: “We are offering more days and locations for early voting than ever before as a convenience to voters and to help reduce crowding at polling places on Election Day. I am appealing to voters to help ensure a smooth Election Day by voting early whenever possible.”
Turner also noted that “every early voting site is taking precautions to safeguard voters and poll workers alike from Coronavirus, including social distancing, frequent cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, surfaces and common areas, and providing face masks to poll workers.”
Voters must present a photo and signature identification prior to voting. Voters who do not present the required ID can still vote a provisional ballot.
For more information, call 941.861.8619 or visit SarasotaVotes.com