|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE||For More Information Contact|
|October 28, 2020||941.861.8606|
General Election Day - November 3: A guide to what, when and how
|SARASOTA, FL - With a week to go before the 2020 general election, Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner offers the following information to voters to help ensure a smooth November 3 Election Day.
· Know what is on your ballot before you go to vote. Every voter may download a personalized sample ballot at SarasotaVotes.com
· If you have not yet voted, please consider voting early! Wait times are down and are posted at SarasotaVotes.com
· The deadline to request a vote-by-mail ballot be mailed to a voter was October 24. However, voters may pick up a ballot in person at any of the three elections offices in Sarasota, Venice or North Port now through Election Day, November 3. You will be asked to provide photo and signature ID.
· Completed vote-by-mail ballots must be received by the elections office no later than 7 p.m. on Election Day to be counted. Post marks do not count. If you have not yet returned your ballot, we recommend returning in person to a secure drop box inside any early voting location during early voting dates/times listed above. Ballots may also be returned to secure drop boxes outside all three elections offices now through election day from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. daily.
· On Election Day a voter may vote only at his or her assigned polling place. Polling place locations are identified on Voter Information Cards and online at SarasotaVotes.com
· Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day.
· Every voter must present current and valid photo and signature ID upon check-in at the polling place. A voter who does not produce ID will be offered a provisional ballot. A list of valid photo IDs can be found in the Voter Guide at SarasotaVotes.com
Have a question? Call the elections office at 941.861.8600 or visit SarasotaVotes.com